Coase Colored Glasses

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Arctic is our chemical sink

How much damage does the pollution we create cause? I never though about this question like I do now. I and many others think that the pollution we create, let's say here in Logan, causes problems here in Logan and not in the Arctics. After reading this article I definately think different. The list of imapacts from the pollution we as humans create is endless. I would never think that the pollution that my car releases would have an affect on animals or the environment of the arctics. Everyone should read the article, it really will change how you or even I think our pollution affects the world.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Kent said...

That was eye opening. I didn't realize that the pollution that we emit today can be trapped in the polar caps and be released years later. This brings up the point that education could play a role in reducing pollution. If everyone read that article some of them may change there behavior. (At least temporarily). How do we help people in Brazil internalize the costs of pollution that takes place in the polar caps. It comes down to the problem of the commons again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home