Coase Colored Glasses

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Nothing Clear about Clear Skies

I was looking on the web today and found a variety of articles on Bush's Clean Skies Initiative. At first it seems that the plan really isn't so great, (read this article which says that it actually relaxes standards) but others like David Whitman say that it isn't true. So who are we to believe. I decided to look up the clean air act. Basically right now there is no ceiling on pollutants, the amount you can pollute is based on a mean baseline for past years and you are allowed to go over that amount a certain percentange. The Clean Skies Initiative allows for a cap and trade market system which I feel would help keep levels lower. Instead of mandating technology as we have in the past, this allows us to be creative. Although the cap may be higher, I think that overall pollution will be effected for the positive by this initiative.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was surfing the net loking for some ski doo freestyle and I came upon your site and I was impressed by the quality of content you have. Keep up the awesome job. I will be bookmarking you right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home