Coase Colored Glasses: Wal-Mart vs. Costco
American better able to absorb immigrants
Don Boudreaux explains why here.
He says: In many other ways America today can better absorb immigrants. For example, compared to 1920, per person today we:
* have 10 times more miles of paved roads
* have more than twice as many physicians
* have three times as many teachers
* have 540 percent more police officers
* have twice as many firefighters
* produce 2.4 times more oil -- as known reserves of oil grow
* produce 2.67 times more cubic feet of lumber -- as America's supply of lumber stands grows
* have conquered most of the infectious diseases that were major killers in the past.