Coase Colored Glasses

Friday, February 04, 2005

Utah Wilderness

I am not a big fan of most environmentalists decisions but sometimes they do have some good ideas. I ran across this page from southern utahs wilderness and about george w bush's plan to do away with the wilderness area that george senior and bill clinton had created. The reason that he is trying to do away with this is so that the government can begin drilling for petroleum and oil in these areas. I know that utah has a fair amount of oil in the southern part of the state but if mr president has his way we will have oil fields as far as the eye could see. I wish I had a solution for this but I have no idwa what will happen.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Andrew Butters said...

Keep us posted!

Hey, would you mind reading THIS and voting for "Jodi & Andrew"? Thanks a lot!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I get a headache on this issue, because not having the dillers there is preferable, but it is often necessary. I wonder what this land is like, is where they plan to build a barren wasteland like some parts in Alaska that enviromentalist fought against. At the moment we do not have an energy source available to the masses, so we are stuck with the current method. I am quite sure that it wont take up the entire space, and the area is in fact a desert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home