Coase Colored Glasses

Friday, March 11, 2005

Human Protection by the Environment

I came across this great article while seaching the web today. Basically, those areas with "intact coral reefs, mangroves, vegetated dunes and robust coastal forests came off better than those degraded by pollution and insensitive land use." I think the protection that is offered to us by creating a healthy ecosystem around us is often overlooked. Just look anywhere that we have devegitated a hillside, and you will find potential for a mudslide. Obviously the environment won't protect us 100% from potential disasters, but I would welcome the added protection. Sometimes this makes me wonder of our our coastline, especially reading this article. I hope that we can help regenerate our coastline and help protect ourselves for the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home